Jan 13, 2023 • Filed to: Mobile Repair Solutions • Proven solutions
The TrueDepth Camera is possibly one of the most innovative inventions. It projects invisible dots onto your face to analyze it and create a depth map. To ensure accurate face data, the camera also captures an infrared image of the face.
The TrueDepth Camera is one of the most innovative inventions. It projects invisible dots onto your face to analyze it and create a depth map. The camera also captures an infrared image of the face to ensure accurate face data.
If you need help with the feature, you have come to the right place. Our guide shares what you need to do when a problem is detected with the TrueDepth Camera.
- What Is the TrueDepth Camera?
- How Does TrueDepth Camera Work?
- 6 Easy Ways to Fix TrueDepth Camera Not Working
- 1.Force Restart Your iPhone
- 2.Select "Reset All Settings"
- 3.Update the iOS Version
- 4.Reset Your FaceID
- 5.Dr.Fone-System Repair
- 6.Contact Apple Support with Hardware Failure
What Is the TrueDepth Camera?
How Does TrueDepth Camera Come Into Our Life?
It isn't easy to imagine a world without the TrueDepth Camera. It is necessary for powering FaceID and many other applications. Thanks to the technology, it dims your phone to save battery or turns it off when you look away. Also, it reduces the volume of notifications when you pay attention to your device.
Moreover, Animoji and Memoji features utilize the camera system to mimic your facial expressions and movements in real time. It is a powerful camera system that automatically adjusts settings like volume and brightness and creates depth in Portrait mode.
The TrueDepth Camera was first introduced with the iPhone X in 2017. This feature has existed on all iPhones since then, such as the iPhone 13, 13 Pro, iPad Pro, and so on.
The TrueDepth Camera relies on a proximity sensor activated when a person is close enough to the front camera. There is also an ambient light sensor that determines the output light levels.
When you use the TrueDepth Camera, you can take advantage of its many features. It captures accurate face data by projecting thousands of invisible dots and analyzing them to create a depth map. In addition, it also takes an infrared image of the face.
When it comes to performance, the TrueDepth Camera truly stands out. It uses the most advanced software and hardware out there. With the neutral engine of the latest bionic chip, it transforms infrared images and the depth map of faces into mathematical representations.
The TrueDepth Camera allows Face ID to change your appearance automatically to put on makeup, grow facial hair, and much more. Even if there has been a considerable change in how you look, FaceID immediately confirms your identity and updates the face data. The TrueDepth Camera works indoors and outdoors, as well as when you wear sunglasses, contact lenses, scarves, and hats.
How Does TrueDepth Camera Work?
As you might have gotten an idea by now, the TrueDepth Camera projects thousands of invisible dots onto your face to create a depth map of the face. It also captures an infrared image of the face to provide accurate face data.
The bionic chip also has a neutral engine, which transforms the depth map and the infrared image into mathematical representations. This means it can confirm your face even if there are changes.
As depth information is captured by the TrueDepth Camera, someone can't access your phone using a 2D image or mask. Moreover, the camera system detects when your eyes are away from the device. Or your eyes are closed so nobody can unlock your phone while you are sleeping. The technology behind the TrueDepth Camera adapts to changes in appearance.
6 Easy Ways to Fix TrueDepth Camera Not Working
If your TrueDepth Camera is not working or having issues, you should consider the following tips to get it to work.
1.Force Restart Your iPhone
One of the easiest ways to fix the TrueDepth Camera is by forcing the restart of your iPhone. It is the ultimate solution for all types of iOS issues that you might encounter. To force restart your device, you have to consider the steps below.
- Press the volume up button for a second.
- Press the volume down button for a second.
- Next, hold the side button and only release it when the Apple logo appears.
2.Select "Reset All Settings"
Another option to get the TrueDepth Camera to work is to select Reset All Settings. Sometimes some settings change, which will also change how our device works.
- You have to go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Then, you have to tap Reset > Reset All Settings.
- You will be asked to enter the passcode and confirm to proceed.
- It should take a few minutes for the reset to be complete.
3.Update the iOS Version
In addition to the above, you might need to update the iOS version to get the TrueDepth Camera to work. If you still need to update the software, it is about time that you did. Otherwise, you will be unable to access a host of features.
It is relatively easy to update your iOS version. You need to:
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update
- And select Automatic Updates.
- Make sure that you connect to a Wi-Fi connection for a stress-free experience.
4.Reset Your FaceID
If your TrueDepth Camera is disabled, it is a good idea to consider resetting your Face ID. Maybe the problem doesn't come from your device camera, resetting your Face ID is enough to make your device work again.
- You have to go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode
- And select Reset Face ID.
- Then, you have to Set Up Face ID again.
For those busy in daily life and looking for an easy fix, it is best to use Wondershare Dr.Fone-System Repair. It will get the TrueDepth Camera to work again.
Try It Free Try It Free
safe & secure
After all, it is a highly effective tool and can fix almost every type of iOS issue. To restore the TrueDepth Camera if it is disabled, follow the steps below.
- Firstly, you must install Dr.Fone-System Repair on your computer and launch it.
- Then, click on System Repair to begin the process.
- Now, you will be asked to select your device type. As you are an iOS user, you must select iOS.
- Next, a new screen will appear where you will have to choose iOS Repair. You must go through the specific issues Dr.Fone-System Repair resolves and pick the one that caters to your problem. Make sure to click Repair Now once you have selected the issue. If you are unable to find the issue, you can just click Repair Now to proceed.
- After the above, two options will appear. You must choose Standard Repair as it should repair your iOS device and keep it secure.
- Next, you must place your iPhone in Recovery Mode. Before you do that, you have to ensure that you trust the computer. This means that you will need to connect your device to the computer via USB.
- Then, you have to select Enter Recovery Mode. It will lead to on-screen instructions that you must follow to put your iOS device in Recovery Mode.
- As soon as your iOS device is in Recovery Mode, Dr.Fone-System Repair would be able to detect it automatically.
- Now, a new window will appear and show you which iOS firmware has to be installed to get the TrueDepth Camera to work. You will need to click Download to proceed.
- When the download is complete, the software will verify if the firmware has been installed.
- As soon as the iOS firmware is verified, you have to select Repair Now to initiate the iOS system recovery process.
- Finally, you will be able to see the progress of the recovery process and just need to click Done when it is complete.
Try It Free Try It Free
safe & secure
6.Contact Apple Support with Hardware Failure
Now, you also have the option to seek Apple Support. You will need to contact technical support if you need help with the above options. You can also head over to Apple's official website to look for all the worldwide support telephone numbers.
The Bottom Line
Once you have gone over our post, you will know what to do if the TrueDepth Camera is not working. Even though you have different options available, it is in your best interest to use Dr.Fone-System Repair as it saves time and resolves the issue instantly.
Try It Free Try It Free
safe & secure